Kareri Lake is a shallow and freshwater lake located in the Dhauladhar Range, about 9 km northwest of Dharamshala in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh, whose surface is 2934 meters above sea level. Melting ice from the Dhauladhar Range fills this lake. Kareri village is about nine kilometers from Nadi of Dharamshala, about 13 kilometers ahead of that village is the lake.
Kareri lake is an interesting trek, which gives you a spectacular view of Dhauladhar mountain and Manakani Peak. Upon reaching the lake, all the fatigue is eradicated.
Kareri Lake is a famous tourist destination of district Kangra and liked by most foreign tourists. It is a must visit place, as it is a paradise for tourists and especially for nature lovers.
Costing & Info
costing, trek difficulty, and trek altitude
Day wise route, meals, and sightseeing plan
- Meeting tour guide Dharamshala.
- 1 Hour 30 Minutes drive towards Kareri Village.
- kareri lake trek starts from kareri village.
- Packed lunch during kareri lake trek. (First Meal)
- Camp & Bonfire near Kareri Lake.
- Dinner at kareri camp site.
- After breakfast trek down to Kareri Village.
- Dropping at dharamshala.