13 days bada bhangal trek
Bara Bhangal trek
Costing & Info
costing depend on group size and tour dates.
₹ 30,000 per person
day wise route, meals, and sightseeing plan
- Overnight volvo from Delhi to Bir
- Freshen up at Guest House in Bir
- Paragliding (optional)
- Transfer to Rajgundha base camp by cab (2 Hours Drive via Billing)
- Chill at our rajgundha camp site.
- Evening Bonfire & Night stay in camps.
- Preparation & Briefing early in the morning.
- Rajgundha to Plachak (2-3 Hours Hike).
- Plachak is base camp of Thamsar pass • Packed Lunch with Tea & snack.
- Plachak to Johardi Trek.
- Johardi has a mountain size Massive waterfall.
- Night stay in Johardi.
- Trek from Johardi to Panihartu is gradually gaining altitude.
- Panihartu is a shepherd’s temporary settlement.
- Packed Lunch at Panihartu.
- Trek to few more hours to reach Bhed Pal.
- Overnight stay in Dome tents at Bhed pal.
- Start early to cross Thamsar pass in the morning.
- It will take 2-3 hrs to reach at Thamsar pass which is at 4735 mts from sea level.
- Trek covered with clouds at most of the time. In a clear day one can see Manimahesh kailash from the top.Both the side of the Thamsar pass has lakes and snow patches all over.
- Other side of the pass is down hill in moraine area and bit of snow patches to cross. All trek is over the rock fall and stones in the trail.
- It will take 3-4 hrs to reach Udgh which is our overnight journey stop for the people travelling from Bada Bhangal village to Bir Billing.
- Udgh has a small dhaba for locals crossing pass.
- Overnight stay in Dome tents at Udgh.
- Trek is downhill till the village, it will take 3-4 hrs to reach village.
- Reach early at Bada Bhangal Village.
- Camping at the bank of river Ravi.
- Bada Bhangal village is the origin of river Ravi. This is the place where many streams confluence with Kali hani river and become Ravi.
- Overnight stay in Dome tents at Bada Bhangal village.
Spend some time in exploring village in tribal region, their life style, culture, houses. Village has a satellite phone and one shop for basic food items.
Trail from the Bada Bhangal village start gaining gradual height for first 2 hrs, tail between the grass and bushes. Later trail enter in open valley with views of mountains. We cross shepherd’s settlements at Chala got, Sunni got, where shepherd’s movement observed with big green spots in the mounts everywhere. These shepherd have to trek down to Bada Bhangal village for their food requirement or rasan. After sunni got there is a steep uphill to reach a ridge. Trek is flat in for 3 kms at the same altitude. Later trek down to a stream to reach Dal Madhi. Water in the stream is more as ice melt in mountains, one can cross it easily. Dal Madi is a stop after a long day. Dal Madhi is a shephard’s settlement. Overnight stay in Dome tents at Dal Madhi.
Trek goes down hill till you reach at Kali hani river bank and then again start gaining altitude till Lamba parbh, there is small land slide zone before Lamba parbh, Lamba parbh is a got for shepherd. Later trek down to river bed and follow the trail to ghirothala which can be seen from lamba parbh at the edge of mountain as green spot just after a mountain stream. It will take another 2 hrs to reach Devi ki Madi. There is a stream with strong current before Devi ki Madhi. Overnight stay in Dome tents at Devi ki Madhi.
Trail from Devi ki Madi to Kali hani base is all the way near river bed, sometime trails misleads you to rockfall, be still near river to avoid slippery rocks at the above. This is short day for trekking. Relax at base for the next day early start. Overnight stay in Dome tents at Base.
Start early depend upon weather, trail to pass is small. Follow the crayons (stone over stones used to show directions in mountains) It will take 3-4 hrs to cross Kalihani pass. One can see the kullu valley from the pass. Flags at the mountain designate a small temple of Devi Kali hani. Pass is cold and windy. After more 2 hrs trekking trail reaches at Sangoor thach near small lake in thach. One can see the trail to manali on the other mountain top as thick trail. Overnight stay in Dome tents at Sangoor thach.
Down hill over a ridge, till the river. Leave ridge at some spot once you find another trail diverted from it towards right side, if you follow ridge, it misleads to you dead end. Other diversion reach at river, need to cross river two times and small distance. After crossing stream 2nd time trail start gaining altitude again and entres o forest, it passes through Riali thach. This is the place where the diversions of route to Patli kuhl and Klath. We follow manali trail by gaining altitude till the top of mountain over a Shepherd settlement. Make shure you are at right trail. This trail instantly losing altitude and steep downhill for next 2 hrs to reach Lama dugh. This downhill trail is over stones, dense grass of over 6 feets, rhododendron trees. Bushes converted into flowers as you are closer to Lama dugh. Trail is slippery if its raining. Lamadugh has a forest department sheds which can be used for cooking food. There is a artificial lake which is the source of water to few parts of Manali. Overnight stay in Dome tents at Lama dugh.
After trekking for more 2-3 hrs, you reach at Road head near hadimba Mata temple trail is total downhill. Manali to guest house Walk to hotel, freshenup and relax in Manali
• Minimum group size 4 people. • 100% of package cost will be collect on day 1 after check in. • Additional costs may arise if schedules are increased or changed due to natural phenomena, road conditions or any other natural calamities. • Cancellation and refund policy will be applicable.
Bara Bhangal trek
Need to discuss anything?
Tell us how we can help you. If you want to enquire about a trip , please specify the destination, dates, group size, and budget.
Bir | Billing | Rajgundha | Plachek | Panihartu | Bhedpal | Thamsar pass | Bada Bhangal